m2oDevotionals

Monday 27 October 2014

[Monday's Devotional] - God knows me

You have searched me, Lord, and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
Psalm 139: 1-6 [NIV]

 

How do you feel when you read the first six verses of psalm 139?  Do you feel comforted and in awe of God’s familiarity of you?  Or do you think O-Oh!  God really knows what I’m thinking and saying?

God doesn’t want us to feel afraid, He wants us to feel comforted, accepted and safe because He has us completely surrounded with His incredible love.

 

It might be hard for us to grasp this knowledge but God knows us so intimately that He is the best one who can guide and help us as we journey through life.  Are you willing to surrender your all to God today and start to know Him as intimately as He does us?

 

Wonderful Father, thank you that you know me so well and that your hand is upon me.  May you help me to know you more intimately and to trust that you are surrounding me with your love always.  Amen

 

Heidi Timms

No comments:

Post a Comment