m2oDevotionals

Friday 31 October 2014

[Friday's Devotional] - God loves all

If only you, God, would slay the wicked! Away from me, you who are blood thirsty!

They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name.

Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord, and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?

I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my enemies.

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139: 19-24 [NIV]

 

Do you ever feel like people are against you because you are a Christian?  Do you get cross when people deny Gods existence?

 

Unfortunately the world in which we live is showing more and more signs of hatred towards Christianity.

 

In psalm 139, David shows his hatred towards the enemies of God. So is this what God is calling us to do?

 

In Matthew 5: 44 Jesus says: ‘But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven.’

 

We are being called to love and pray for those who hate and deny our God.  But how can we love people who do such horrific atrocities to Christians and other human beings?  God loves everyone, so we need to keep praying and trusting in Gods judgement and redemption.  It’s a tough call but when we see people as God sees them we too can have His heart.

 

Mighty Father, thank you that you love everyone, even when it breaks your heart for the evil they do.  Help me to see as you see and to break my heart for what breaks yours.  May I know that I am your child and have the assurance that you are with me always.  Amen

 

Heidi Timms

No comments:

Post a Comment