m2oDevotionals

Thursday 18 October 2012

[Thursday's Devotional] - On Our Knees

"And I'll kneel down
Wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground
And I'll kneel down
Wait for now"
(Mumford and Sons)

Here are some words from my journal following a recent meeting of our small group:

"Along with wonderful pizza and bread & butter pudding, great first evening yesterday with Francis Chan's 'Crazy Love': stopping to think about who God is before we rush in to pray.
Tried to do that this morning - long time since I actually got on my knees to pray but I thought I'd give it a go again, I can see why people do it - seems to help focus the mind and I had a great time praying.
"

Of course, you can pray lying down, sitting, or standing up as well, but there's a reason that kneeling seems to help focus the mind. Kneeling is a position of humility and reverence before God.

"Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care." (Psalm 95:6,7)

To Reflect

In the light of these words, spend some time waiting on God and praying - perhaps kneeling.

Listen to the song "I will wait" and pray as you do so.

Tim Norman


No comments:

Post a Comment