m2oDevotionals

Monday 15 October 2012

[Monday's Devotional] - Prayer is a Liberating Experience

"And raise my hands
Paint my spirit gold
And bow my head
Keep my heart slow
"

I love these words from Mumford and Sons new song 'I Will Wait'. It's amazing to hear just how much airtime this song is getting, in fact they are selling more than Justin Bieber in America. This song was played at a recent Christian leadership conference that many of the leaders in our church went to.

It's a song about prayer – not surprising because some, if not all, of the band grew up in church and their faith seems to keep on bursting through along with songs about life realities.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 106:1

To Reflect

Listen to the song "I will wait" and pray as you do so.

Give thanks to God for who He is and what He's given you.

If prayer sometimes feels like a duty, pray for God to lead you in fresh paths of fun in prayer which better fit who you are.

Tim Norman



No comments:

Post a Comment